The easiest way to print your shipping labels from Fedex is to use a commercial platform, such as XPSShip (free) or ShipStation (paid but great). They are approved Fedex partners and use your negotiated rates to provide you with a 4 x 6 shipping label which you can then easily print to Phomemo. You will also be able to compare rates from other carriers and pick the best option.
We recommend this because Fedex Ship Manager is a bit cumbersome to set up. If you contact Fedex for support, they may inform you that they only provide support for printers that are supplied directly by them.
If you would like to use Fedex Ship Manager, please download and install the latest version from the Fedex Website.
During installation, you will be prompted to call Fedex to obtain your activation code. After verifying your account information, your activation code will be emailed to you.
For better setup on Fedex Ship Manager, Phomemo team have upgraded the PM-246 with a new appearance and PM-246S.
For now, only the upgraded version of PM-246 with the new appearance and PM-246S can better support the setup of the Fedex Ship Manager.
Note: Fedex Ship Manager software requires a few more steps than other platforms to work. Essentially, We need to install Phomemo as a EPL printer to work with Fedex Ship Manager.
1. Download the Zebra Printer Driver (ftp://ftp.fedex.com/pub/us/software/ZebraFedEx_driver_4500_self_extracting15.exe)
2. After opening the downloaded file, please click on "Install Zebra Printer"
3. Select Zebra 2844 and click "Next"
4. (1)To know which USB Port is connected, please go to "This PC" and right click on, choose "Manage"
(2) "Device Manager" -> "Universal Serial Bus controllers" -> Double click on "USB Printing Support" to check which USB port is connected
5.We will now go back to the installation window and pick the same port and click "Finish"
6. Go to "Control Panel" -> "Devices and printers" -> Right click on "Zebra 2844" -> choose "Printer properties"
7. Go to "Stocks" to choose the label size
8. Go to "General", click on "Print Test Page" to check the Zebra 2844 driver is installed successfully and connect the right printer
9. Next, go to Fedex Ship Manager, click on the "Utilities" -> "Printer Setup"
10. Select Zebra 2844 under the "Label Printer" and click OK
11. We now need to change the default label size to 4 x 6. Click on "Customize" -> "Shipping Profiles"
12. Select the appropriate domestic or international shipping profile and click "View/Edit". You may want to update all of them to the correct size.
13. If you are using Fedex Provided Labels, their sizes and part numbers are as follows.
153078-077 - Indicates a Format 77 label. (4" x 5" Thermal Label with FedEx Logo)
154254-354 - Indicates a Format 354 label. (4" x 6 3/4" Thermal Label with Doc Tab)
156295-434 - Indicates a Format 354 label. (4" x 6" Thermal Label without Doc Tab)
156297-435 - Indicates a Format 435 label. (4" x 6 " Thermal Label without Doc Tab)
a. To change the label format for FedEx Express domestic shipments, click the 2 - FedEx Express Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
b. To change the label format for FedEx Express international shipments, click the 2 - FedEx Express Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
c. To change the label format for FedEx Ground domestic shipments, click the 5 - FedEx Ground Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
d. To change the label format for FedEx Ground international shipments, click the 4 - FedEx Ground Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
14. After making your changes, click OK on the View Shipping Profiles screen.
15. Reboot (exit and relaunch) the software and attempt to ship a package.
Source for Steps 6-15 is: